Thursday, September 30, 2010

36 weeks


I'm exhausted. That sums up this week. I'm also stressed out with everything that I feel like needs to be done still but as of today, I can comfort myself knowing that if the baby were to come tomorrow, we would be ok. The pack and play is set up in the living room ready for baby. The bassinet stuff is all washed and set up in our room. Blankets are washed, baby clothes are being washed now, car seat is not only purchased but installed in the car (and it wasn't as hard as we thought!), etc.
We had our 36 week appt on Monday and pretty much immediately when the doc went to do his business he told us we were 2 cm and 50% effaced. Wow! Susa said that wasn't very common at a 36 week appt so bugger could either be planning an early arrival (which would be a very NON-Max&I trait) or s/he is psyching us out. So now I am excited for our next appt on Tues to see if there was more progress or not. I feel like I can average it out then to get a better idea of when this baby will make his/her appearance.
Braxton hicks contractions have made their grand arrival. I was planning on talking to the doc on Monday about the fact that I didn't think I'd had any when BAM, I got them over and over and over and over. Pretty much every evening the uterus is practicing it's future torture over and over. I really can't tell when they are happening unless I have my hand on my belly and then I can feel everything stiffen up. It is a very weird sensation!
I guess on an end note... Bugger, your father would enjoy it if you came on a Friday around 3 so that he wouldn't miss as many work days (since they are unpaid) and your mother would enjoy it if you gave her another week at least so she can get things done. ;) With this in mind, bugger will probably come on Tues at 3 in the morning...

No comments: