Tuesday, September 7, 2010

33 weeks


I made the last few bigger for you to see due to some recent comments on not being able to see my fantastic body (jk) very well...

I went to the doc yesterday for my 32 wk check up (at 33 weeks, whoops!) and you know what he said? He says “Jessica, after 34 weeks if you go into labor, we won’t try to stop it. Anytime up until Sunday, we will but after Sunday, we won’t”. …………………………………what?! Reality slap in the face! I doubt our child will come early but still, that would mean I would physically have my child in my arms NEXT WEEK! I don’t even have the car seat yet! That is the type of thing that will put a fire under your arse to get things done. Yeeowzer.

It’s funny these little things that just make having a baby so real. Your mind knows you are having a baby, your body obviously knows you are having a baby but it takes these little things to smack you in the face to really realize that there will be a baby.

I am SO EXCITED to meet my little bugger but at the same time I am getting to that terrified stage. So many mixed emotions right now… probably part hormones as well.

Baby A… lets see. S/he is continuing to grow in size and is a very health bugger. Measured 34 centimeters at our last appt with 130 for a heart rate. S/he has been head down since 30 weeks so hopefully baby stays like that! Baby A. thinks that the most comfortable position is with head down, butt towards my left arm and legs/feet at my right rib cage. S/he’s laying crooked all the time. Rarely do I feel the baby out of this position. We recently discovered that Baby A. enjoys music very much… We were at the talent show at the State Fair on Sunday and every time someone would come on stage and sing/play instruments the baby would go nuts moving around! Max says that this could be an indication of the baby hating music but I don’t think so J Not if s/he comes out of me!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yikes! I can't believe you're that far along already that it's almost time for little Ayda/Dexter to come out!

erin said...

You're doing a great job, Jessie! Everybody feels scared--it's a scary thing! You are already an amazing mommy, and it only gets better from here! I promise!