Thursday, August 28, 2008

B.U.S.Y

First, I'm sorry. I'm very sorry it's taken me FOREVER to put up a normal post. I guess in the scheme of things, a week really isn't that long but still, I am sorry.

The very reason for my absence is my second job. (aka photography) Happily, I have been accumulating more business and therefore, have had more to do. Not only do we have the fun photo shoots or the beautiful weddings, but then I have hours and hours of photos to work on afterwards. Everyone wonders why they have to pay so much for getting professional photos done, well here's your fyi. We work for a LONG time after we see you to get your pics looking just right. So right in fact that you would want to buy an 8x10 to hang right along your staircase or right above your mantle. You are not only paying for the eye of the photographer but for their skill on the computer afterwards. That is if you have a really nice photographer that won't make you pay up the behind for it which I don't. That being said, I've had quite a few photo shoot opportunities and not a lot of "behind the scenes" time.

I think I was just rambling. Sorry again, its approaching my bedtime. I'm neither a morning person or a night person :)

So, I had wedding I shot last weekend. It was very pretty. A second marriage I believe for the couple and it turned out just beautifully. The bride wore a very pretty gray gown and the groom a very handsome tux. They are very much in love, I could tell from taking their pictures. This was the first wedding I've been to though, where they haven't had the "you may now kiss the bride" bit. Hmmm, for how lovey/kissy they were pre-ceremony, I thought I was in for a good one. Once I get those pics all done I will post one up for everyone to see/

Next, I had some senior photos to do. These are by far the least stressful for me. (Weddings tend to prove to be a little more tense for me, I want everything to turn out just right for the bride and groom) I had the photo shoot with a girl named Tiffani from a town even smaller then my own and we had a lot of fun! I'm especially excited to finish all her photos because the turned out so well! A. She was very nice and relaxed which helps everyone B. She's very pretty and had that fiery red hair that I love! C. She was tiny as a twig and wore really... "punk"? outfits.
I'm not sure that's quite the right word but she wore the skinny jeans and the layered tanks with the colorful converse sneakers. I will definitely put up a photo when I get those all done too.

This past weekend, my friend Sarah came up from school and we had ourselves a photo weekend :) That may not sound like fun to most, but for us it was a blast! Too bad I couldn't stay up as late as her (she's a "go to bed at 4 in the morning type while I am a 10pm type) We used JW and Rachel as our models as Sarah had no pics to work on. (I had enough for 10 people) I think my friends appreciate this business as they always get updated photos of themselves. Now, they have been bugging me to see some of the pics and Sarah has put up quite a few of her own so I am giving them 2 of each. JUST TWO MY FRIENDS! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! Haha, of course they do. That's the bedtime kicking in again.



I need to take some of the shadows off her face in this one now that I look at it closer...



These are a couple that I worked on quick. I have one of JW that turned out really nice but something is just off about it. Once I figure it out I will post it for you.

I will try to everyone updated on my currently busy life as best I can. I have lots of behind the scenes to do and I have a wedding I'm helping Sarah with on Saturday up in St. Croix Falls and Sunday is my Max's 23rd bday. We are going to the State Fair :) Should be lots of fun!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yup, you are a very busy lady! So is that photo that's "not quite right" the one I like of JW with the tall grass and very blue sky? I can't wait to see the rest! Oh, I think I'm getting worse with the not going to bed until 4am thing. Guess how late I stayed up until last night? 7:30am!!! I don't know how, I didn't sleep in the morning before because I had work early. I guess I just find stuff to do is all. You'll have a bunch more photos to work on after this weekend :) So, is it the MINNESOTA state fair you're going to? I thought that Wisconsin was so much better. (I think they're the same)

Unknown said...

Omg!! I love that second picture of me in the field! I like the other one too but the one in the field is beautiful!!! I'm so excited to see the rest! I really like the first one of Rach too! You done good my friend! You done good.

Rachel said...

the picures are awesome!! I always love your work Jewells, you are going to big someday!!!