Monday, August 18, 2008

The end of summer weekends...

I had a fabulous weekend! It's not too often that I can say that, fabulous. Usually I have pretty good weekends mixed with a few "eh" weekends but not this weekend. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.

It started with not having to work on Saturday. Heaven! Instead I was the photographer for a small wedding in Hammond. It was very pretty. The bride, Val, called me about 2 weeks ago and asked me to shoot it. Planning everything at the last minute i guess! I had taken her sons senior pictures so that's how she knew to look me up. It was short and sweet and turned out beautiful. It was the first wedding I've been to though where they didn't have the whole "you may now kiss the bride" even though they were very lovey dovey while taking pictures. Weird.

After I got back from the wedding, Max and I got into a small, tiny, itty bitty argument but once we got that done and over with we decided that a date night was in order. Max's sister, Angel, got me a gift certificate to Olive Garden for my birthday so we decided to eat there and it was yummy! I had seafood alfredo and Max had some 5 cheese ziti pasta thing plus as much breadsticks and raspberry lemonade that we could fit in our bellies.

On our way back home, I decided that since it was so nice outside that we should go for a walk down on the pier in Hudson. Max doesn't normally like to walk so much but I think he just wanted to continue with our good night. We got downtown and searched for parking and went a walking. We were on the water right at the sunset and it was so pretty! This night totally sounds like a cliche but I don't care. It was so nice to spend time together. After walking around a bit we went home and watched a movie. Very, very, very nice evening.


Yesterday I did a bunch of laundry in the morning. Our dryer is currently out of order so when it's nice and sunny out that's when I get to do laundry. That's the best way anyway, when your clothes and sheets smell like sunshine. I love to crawl into bed and take a big ole whiff of my bed. Mmmm Mmmmm. Anywho, I got this overwhelming urge to jump in a nice cold lake so I called up JW and Rachel to see if they wanted to go swimming. Rachel was in Woodbury so JW and I trucked over to Eau Galle to go swimming. It was a blast from the past down there. We kept remembering times from back in high school when used to practically live at that beach with our0 We got downtown and searched for parking and went a walking. We were on the water right at the sunset and it was so pretty! This night totally sounds like a cliche but I don't care. It was so nice to spend time together. After walking around a bit we went home and watched a movie. Very, very, very nice evening.

The lake was actually very cold and took a bit for us to get in. First we just jumped in and then laid out in the sun. Then we went back in for a swim. On our way back to our towels the funniest thing happened. I was just about to lay down on my towel, I was kneeling over when SNAP! My swimsuit top catapulted from my ladies and landed 2 or 3 feet in front of me. Geez, I dived for my towel so no one would see and couldn't believe it. It was like I had a blower system in my boobs or something that exploded and made my top fly off. Not cool. I don't think anyone saw me, JW was right next to me and she didn't know what happened till she noticed my bare back so I think I'm covered. Good

2 comments:

kristi noser said...

TWANNNNGGGG!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that does sound like a great weekend! I wish I lived closer to you girls so we could maybe hang out more :(
So do they have to start putting warnings on bikini tops?
WARNING! WEAR AT YOUR OWN RISK OF INDECENT EXPOSURE!