Monday, July 20, 2009

Niagara Falls

Once we packed up the tent and got that dang air mattress flattened out, we headed out to Niagara Falls. It wasn't too bad of a drive from point A to point B. I don't even remember how long, maybe 3 hours? two? who knows, we got there. That's what counts! Niagara Falls is a very touristy town filled with a bunch of different restaurants, shops and of course, lots of hiking and buildings trying to show off the falls.
We had to see it from the American side which, yes, I know is not as good as the Canadian side but we haven't updated my passport since getting married and therefore, could not travel over to the other side. They really do have a much better view. If you are going there, I would suggest if possible, to see it from the Canadian side. You can see the American Falls quite nicely from Niagara but the Horseshoe Falls (which is the big part) is seen from Canada.
Max and I didn't have all day to spend here. That was kind of a bummer but it was a 7 1/2 hour drive to Bristol, VT where Kaela lived and we needed to get there that day. It would have been very nice to take the trails around the falls but due to time constraints, we stuck to going on the Maid of the Mist. Totally worth it!
Here is the lame view from the "observation tower". Don't waste your time with this one unless you want a good laugh.
Ahh, here it is :)
I believe this is the point where I got the call saying I got hired at the law office! It's a good story and I will tell you it but there is no need to switch the subject now :)


Our sexy poncho's that the Maid of Mist provides for you so you don't soak. You would in fact be soaking wet if you didn't wear this. Max says this was the free version of the snuggie. He was embarrassed to be seen in it.

On the boat.

I didn't want to have my nice camera out for this since it would get wet so these are all with my stupid little camera. I say it's stupid, well, because it is.




This is right before we got really, really wet. My hair looked like I had just got out of the shower. Good thing I don't do anything with my hair anyway and it dries normal!


This is a good pic to show the boats going out to under the falls.

From a photographers point of view, it was really frustrating that the sky was the same color as everything else. Gray sky, white mist, gray water. Poo, the photos could have been so much more awesome with a little blue sky... perhaps a few clouds. The big fluffy ones...
These are some of the trails I was talking about. These ones you still have to wear your ponchos because they go ridiculously close to the water.

4 comments:

Nikki* said...

I want to go back there!
You got some really good pictures :)

Unknown said...

So pretty!

Unknown said...

P.S. I really like your new background!

Sarah said...

I love waterfalls and it would be awesome to go there! Too bad you and Max didn't have more free time to explore.