Sunday, July 5, 2009

holy younguns

Since we are leaving for our road trip on Wednesday, I was inspired to look at our old road trip pictures from when we went in 2004. We look so young! Max and I planned this trip right down to the hour and had the whole itinerary written out. Everyone kind of doubted we would be able to do a trip of this magnitude on our own, I mean, we were only 18. I believe we left a week after my 18th birthday since mom said we could not do it before then... We were gone for 16 or 17 days and traveled all around the west side of the country. Oh memories, this was back when digital cameras had basically just gotten cheap enough for people to buy. I got mine at my senior all night party. I didn't take a lot digital photos, mostly film.


Here we are in Colorado.


Iowa (obviously)

Seattle


San Diego Zoo


Grand Canyon

I'm super excited to leave for this road trip! I need a vacation so very badly, I just need to get away from this place and all that is happening. I need to spend some quality time with my husband and have some good conversations for once! We never have time to do that anymore :( If anyone has suggestions on great places that they have been to out east or have heard of something, let me know! We have left this road trip completely open so we have just the open road in front of us. The only then we know we have to do is be at Max's sister Kaela's wedding on Saturday in Vermont... can't wait!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's so soon, I can't believe it's July already! Have fun friend!

Maya said...

I don't think you should leave until after your 23rd birthday...
Just kidding. You deserve this time away Jessie; relax, enjoy and explore!! I'll miss you!
~Mom

Lynsie said...

Wow you two look soo young!! Isn't it crazy how time flies?!? Well have a lot of fun and take a lot of pictures! :)