Monday, July 20, 2009

bye ass bank

Ok, I told you that I would tell you the story of my new job and since I am waiting for my Monday crew to get done working... I have the time!
Lets see, the week before last, I had caught a nasty cold. I seriously have not had a cold like this before. It was a head cold for the entire body. Nothing was wrong with my stomach or anything like that much geez, I had absolutely no energy, fever on and off, stuffed up but not... it's hard to explain. Again, it was like no cold I have ever had before and Max can attest to this because he caught it the day we left.
Anyway, I went home from work 2 days in a row because of this thing and just was motionless on the couch. JW text me and told me that I needed to update my resume asap because the receptionist lady at her work quit and they were doing interviews. Obviously knowing that I needed to get out of Ass bank, she let me know immediately. Summoning up all the energy I had, I updated the resume, text my references to be sure they were still ok with me using them and emailed the boss lady over there. This was on Thursday I believe and since everyone else in the world had Friday off for the 4th of July, I didn't expect to hear from her until after the holidays.
Monday thru Wed I was working open to close at the bank so I could use as little vacation time as possible for my trip. I didn't hear anything until Tuesday when she called to set up an interview. Since I was already at work and I didn't have anything with me, we set it up for Wed at 2pm. That was a crazy day as I was leaving on our vacation that night and had to work at the bank and had to leave for an hour for this interview.
The interview went good and although I couldn't quite read the lady interviewing me (Jody) I thought that I did my best. Went back to work and left that evening for our trip.
We had just gotten to Niagara Falls and walked up to the falls when I heard my voicemail go off. I checked it and it was Jody asking me to call her back. I tell this to Max who gets super excited because he says why would they want to call them back if they were going to let me down? They would have just said it in the voicemail. Sure enough, they offered me the position :) Better pay, better hours, no weekends and most important of all.... NO REFERRALS! I am not a salesman for a bank anymore! Yay!
Since I had vacation time for the next two weeks at the bank anway, it turned out that my last day at the bank was actually the day that I interviewed for the position! It is so crazy how things turn out but this is just so right for me. I love working at the bank in terms of working with the people, dealing with the money and especially my ladies. I love my ladies here so much and I am going to miss them with a huge intensity. This sounds ridiculous but we are seriously the best fit for a bunch of girls working together. I really, really hope that we all stay in touch and that we still hang out. I love you girls!
I start the new job tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Nikki* said...

good luck my lovey butt :(
I'll miss you so much, but obviously we'll have lunch together and I'll still see you.. just not as much :(

ps-I missed seeing you today! I didn't get a hug!

Sarah said...

That's AWESOME Jessie! You are one lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

I Heart You Jessie!