Thursday, May 13, 2010

16 weeks


16 weeks. I really can’t get over how fast time flies.

Still feeling pretty good over all. Some minor discomforts that is fairly common among my fellow preggos so no need to dwell on it too much. I was hoping that the peeing in the middle of the night would calm down a bit but just last night I had to get up at 2, and then 4, and then almost peed my pants at 630. No slowing down there yet. Good thing I can fall right back asleep!

I’m just waiting and waiting on feeling the little bugger move J I know it is early yet and I could have the possibility of not feeling him/her move until up to 21 weeks but I sure hope that baby cooperates and starts dancing in there so I can feel it. I am just so excited for that moment. I try and sit/lay still at home all time trying to see if it’s there but nothing yet.

I got the nursery plan set in place. No theme for us… I’m not a fan of the animals or the teddy bears or sailboats or yellow/green stripes. I called Grandma to see how hard it would be to make the baby bedding and she offered to help me do it! I just need to find some fabric that I like and it will become a nice family project that will get used for all the Arco babies. Anyone know of a good fabric store that has some great fabric? I know Grandma will know of some as well with all her quilting she does but the more the merrier!

We will hopefully be starting with the gutting of the floors (currently the floor is uneven planks from back in the day) and put down some plywood so the floor is even in the middle of June. I suppose we will just get some carpet remnants to soften up the floor until we have the money to carpet the entire upstairs.

We are also starting to accumulate more neutral baby clothes, which is good. It’s very hard to find the neutral stuff that’s not slightly too girly. So far, I’ve been able to find the most at garage sales. A few weekends ago, my friends and I went to the 100 mile garage sale on Hwy 61 and I found the most awesome garage sale. I got 6 or 7 pristine neutral baby outfits for 36 cents. 36 CENTS! Can you believe it! I can’t. I told the lady that she was hands down going to be my favorite garage sale of the day.

My sister-in-law, who is due the SAME DAY as I am, is finding out the sex of her baby in a couple weeks. I don’t rethink my decision to not find out the sex at all but it is crazy to think that I could have that ability. To be able to call my baby by his or her name instead of bugger, pumpkin butt, stinker, etc. I think it will be just amazing though to find out after all that hard work of pushing out my baby. What a present.

(this thing is acting super screwy... sorry about the weird font/paragraph issues.)

1 comment:

Erin said...

JoAnn Fabrics in Tamarack Village had a bunch of really cute baby fabrics. I was just there last weekend!