Sunday, October 4, 2009

Second Wind

I am ashamed to say this but I am no morning person nor am I a night person. I am a middle of the day person so unless I do my chores during the day, they usually don't get done. Which doesn't sound like something I should be too ashamed about except for the fact that my house is a disgusting mess. All I usually would have to do is spend a couple hours cleaning and it would be fine but unless I hit that special "Jessie will do stuff" time, it won't get done.
So imagine my surprise that once Cody and Caitlin left tonight at 830, I had a splurge of energy! No worries, I did NOT waste it :) I got the kitchen cleaned up, the dishes done, garbage went out (max did this) and I even mopped the kitchen and bathroom.
Now, I got to thinking... I effing have to mop my floors all the freaking ass time. What the hell? I realize that I have Max who isn't the most efficient cook. Little bits of food get dropped on the floor and since my dogs are somewhat picky, they get smashed to the floor once Max steps in it... I also have dogs especially Luca who thinks that my floor is a bathroom even though he IS potty trained. But seriously, I have to mop my 1500 square feet of hardwood/plank wood floors EVERY. SINGLE. WEEKEND or it is not a good idea to walk in my house without slippers.

Answer me this people please, how often do you mop your floors? Sounds dumb but it is one annoying chore!

3 comments:

erin said...

I used to mop every Thursday.
Then I got pregnant.
Our kitchen floor was so disgusting, I actually asked people to please keep their shoes ON when they visited.

Nikki* said...

Honestly, I only mop like 3 times a month.. maybe. Sometimes more, like if I know people are going to come over. I REALLY need to mop the entryway a couple times a week.. but I've only done it once since we moved in. I hate mopping. And vaccuming.

Jessie said...

I have to have people leave their shoes on or some remember to bring slippers otherwise you will get Clyde hair all over your socks. Some people don't like that :)