Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wedding Invitations


Today Angel, Max and I (with Audrey of course) went into Woodbury to get the stuff to make our wedding invitations. After searching the internet for a "Jessie" sufficient amount of time and finding NOTHING I like for my budget and the very few things I did like that was OVER my budget, I called upon Max's trustee older sister to see if she would be interested in making the invitations together. She is quite a scrapbooker and has many, many, many little tools and gadgets and always makes the cutest little cards herself so I thought that she could put together something quite nice for the invitations.
We started at Achievers to get some ideas. I had no idea what they should look like or how to piece together something like this so I told Angel she had full rein on what they would overall look like. Holy Moses, I had no idea all the stuff that you can do! We sat in Achievers forever it seemed looking at stuff.
I am a fussy person anyway when it comes to the little details and so it took quite a while to get a general idea of the invitation and then to get the details. A little card stock here, a little stampage there, some jewels thrown in here, oh how about some ribbon? Agggg, not my cup of tea.
To make a long story short, 5 stops, 5 bags, 4 hours and $150 dollars later, we have everything we need to make the invitations for the wedding reception. :) They should be pretty easy to put together which we are doing this weekend with the trusty help of two of my bridesmaids ( Caitlin! I wish you could come and help us and that you were over here and not all the way over in Milwaukee!) we should get the invites done and sent out on Monday! So watch your mailbox for some cuteness and think about all the time it took me to just pick out the stuff! Not even put it together! All I have to say is SOMEONE BETTER remember these invitations in 5 years! haha, I'm just kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll remember your invites in 5 years, because everything you do is memorable my sweet girl!
You're wonderful.... did you know that? :)
Mom xxoo

Sarah said...

Aw, I wish I lived closer, then I could just come over whenever and help you with stuff like that. I'm sure that they're going to be very pretty! Oh, and I miss you :(

Anonymous said...

Aww...too sweet, it's my pleasure! They are Bee-u-tee-full!

Angel