Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sarah's Key


This book that I am reading, it’s just the saddest book I have read in a long, long, long time. I am not an overly emotional person, I’m not a crier. Weddings, movies, heck commercials, never but last night, I could not stop reading this book and I could not stop the tears from streaming down my face. Max came out of the office at 11, surprised because I was still awake for one and for two, I was crying over this book. Oh it is so good. The subject matter is a sad one anyway but the author is just so talented at getting the details and the setting so right that the mental pictures in your head are just heart wrenching.
When I was in high school I had a really hard time putting down any book but I have been much better at disciplining myself. Pace it out, enjoy it but I just don’t think I will be able to do that. Nope. I’m pretty sure I’m going home tonight and finishing it. Yep. For sure.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't read sad books or watch sad movies because I don't like feeling sad/crying. I look to books and movies for entertainment not something to make me feel down. I don't know how you do it girl.

Maya said...

I knew it would be a good book...

Nikki* said...

Perhaps you will let a friend borrow this when you're done?