Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wedding Extravaganza

This weekend was a V.E.R.Y busy weekend for me. It was a wedding, wedding, wedding extravaganza! Haha. Not really but I did have 2 weddings. On Saturday, Max's sister Faith got married. It was a beautiful wedding. Everything about it was great. The weather turned out gorgeous, the bride was gorgeous, the bridesmaids looks gorgeous, the groomsmen looked spiffy and the groom was very handsome.

I had just found out on Thursday that I was the main photographer which was a surprise. I was originally an "usherette" who was bringing her camera for practice but ended up taking photos of everything but the groomsmen photos. (She had another couple cousins taking photos also) So, I had a full day of directing, hollering for order, asking for a redo, and hauling around my camera. :)


We started our day early and got home around 1030pm. We left early because I had Nikki's wedding on Sunday which was up in Two Harbors so we had to get up early again and drive 3 hours north. Woke up around 6am left at like 7am and got the show on the road. Max slept the whole way up there, jerk. We were both super tired.

Nikki's wedding was very pretty. It was very small and private. They were hoping to get married on the beach up by Split Rock but it was raining so they had the ceremony in one of the buildings on the State Park property. I did all the formal stuff in the building but waited until after we ate to take more of the bridesmaids and groomsmen photos. It was still raining and was FREEZING but ended up clearing up in the middle of our photo session so we got some good ones!


After the wedding, we went to visit Max's Great Grandma Violet in Superior whom I've never met before. She's the cutest old little lady with a heck of a mouth on her! I don't mean that in a mean way at all, I just mean she was a talker :) She told some great stories! Grandma Violet is 95 years old, lives on her own, cleans her house and cooks for herself still. She has no cane and refuses to go into a care center while her head "is still on straight". She was super cute and I'm so glad I finally got to meet her.

We drove home and got back around 8. Played with the dogs a bit who missed up desperately and hit the sack! Max and I were both so so so tired!
That was my weekend in a nutshell. There are other things I could say about it but I'm starting to forget what I've talked about and what I haven't and plus I should probably be working now ;)

Life is still incredibly busy for me but I will try to keep up on writing but don't worry! I read every one's blogs still at work and LOVE the distraction!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, I don't think that I would've been able to handle all of that! Are you secretly Super Woman?