Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Isn’t it funny how songs can transport you somewhere? I’ll hear something and it will totally bring me back somewhere else. The reason I think of this was I had a song in my head this morning.


Coldplay’s early albums bring me back to when I was living in Hudson in the apartments on Aspen. I was always cleaning the apartment with the screen door open with the music turned up so loud.


Ben Lee’s album reminds me completely of Jake and Jummy’s wedding when I was driving around all over the place getting stuff for the girls and waiting for the bridal party to arrive at the reception.


3 Days Grace makes me so mad when I listen to it. It reminds me of when Max was being a douche when we broke up. Same with that Stained song. Can’t remember the name of it now.


Michelle Branch’s “Everywhere to Me” reminds me of driving down to the Eau Galle beach the summer the McDonald’s gang did everything and I mean EVERYTHING together.



I just thought I’d throw this out there. Does anyone else have songs/albums that do this for them as well? My personal time machine music is…

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Yes..totally!!

3 Doors Down: Mom got me one of their albums for my birthday. The birthday that Dad forgot, as well as the birthday in which I was dating Ron and his father passed around that time. Reminds me of that everytime.

Taylor Swifts FIRST Cd: Reminds me of sophomore year college getting ready a million times a day with Amber to look my best for WEB!

Explosions in the Sky: Reminds me of Junior year college, the many people that came in my life and meant a lot to me, whether they stayed in my life or not.

Jack Johnson anything: Anthony got me hooked on Jack Johnson. So it reminds me of when he was a douchey and broke up with me for his ex girlfriend but didn't even have the balls to tell me thats why he was breaking up with me.

The Fray, Death Cab: When I was in David from Canada mode.

Nine Inch Nails: Many days spent with Ashley jammin out to tunes smokin cigs! <-- ew cigs I know but hey I kicked the habit.

I have A LOT! That's just a few.