Tuesday, July 20, 2010

26 weeks

Baby and I had our first experience on a road trip and camping together. I'd say we did pretty good. I can tell that I have a lot more blood pumping through me because man oh man was the heat hard to deal with. Lake Michigan, which in the past has proven impossible to get into, was my refuge. I couldn't get all the way in as it would be a temperature shock for the baby but I went up to my toosh and soaked one of my dresses in the water and put it on. That helped to cool me down. Ayda/Dex was pretty quiet in there which I attribute to the heat. Max and I did everything we could to keep me cool. Otherwise, camping while pregnant is not too bad at all.
Nothing new to report really. I've been able to feel punches and kicks for a while now but I'm really being able to distinct now those dragging movements across my belly. Little bugger is pretty strong. Sometimes s/he kicks some spots that are just plain uncomfortable. I don't care what a miracle it is to feel the baby, some things were just not meant to be kicked. Such as my bladder. The baby has discovered my bladder is such a fun toy when full. Not cool.
Max tells me I'm starting to waddle. I guess I can feel myself doing that. I'm sure that it is very attractive.
On Sunday, the baby was in such a high position that there was no way to get comfortable. S/he was pressing on my stomach so hard, made it hard to breathe deeply and sitting or standing wasn't comfortable. I'm hoping that isn't what it's like when you are further along but I'll bet it is. I'm not looking forward to that!
I just can't wait to meet this baby and know if I have a son or a daughter :)

No comments: