Sunday, April 4, 2010

11 weeks


11 weeks. Things are going by pretty fast. Again, I’m having a very easy pregnancy so far. No sickness or severe cravings or anything. The prenatals don’t bother me, Mexican is about the only food that I can’t deal with right now but really that’s all. Well, Mexican and the smell in the kitchen that only I can detect. Seriously, I have to figure something out for that or I’ll never go in there.

Clothes are starting to get to be a problem. My pants are still working for now with the belly band (that thing is a pain the butt) but hopefully my mother-in-law can find me some maternity pants soon. Shirts are a problem though. I have a very long torso so it was hard enough finding shirts that were long enough BEFORE I got pregnant and now those are starting to ride up a bit to far. I can get by with regular clothes but work clothes are getting to be difficult. I didn’t think I would have to be worrying about clothes at 11 weeks that’s for sure.

I do feel kind of big for 11 weeks. I’m not saying I’m fat, I know I’m not but I just don’t recall anyone I know getting a belly like this so soon. The doc said at our appointment on Friday that we wouldn’t know until I was a little further along if it was twins or not or for sure until our 20 week ultrasound. That’s a long time away to find out. My instincts say that it is not twins so this must be one stinking large kid already. I’m scared for my lady parts!

My 11 week picture isn’t very pretty. Max was sitting too low taking it so I look like a monster :( That’s no fun.

I'm still amazed everyday though that there is something living and growing in there that is part Max and part me. It is an incredible thing.

2 comments:

erin said...

You look so good, Jessie! Keep up the good work!
As someone who also has a very long torso...actually, a very long EVERYTHING, I highly recommend checking out GAP maternity. Their shirts are very long. I had four that I rotated religiously. A little on the expensive side, but it was worth it to not have the dreaded PANEL show.
I can't believe you're 11 weeks already!

Sarah said...

Well it sounds like you've been pretty lucky so far with not getting queasy or anything. Did you look at target yet for clothes? It looks like they had some maternity shirts on sale this week. So did the doc say anything about you being a little big for 11 weeks? 9 more weeks seems so far away to find out....