Wednesday, April 22, 2009

waukesha weekend :)

My visit to Waukesha to see my little sister was a lot of fun! Lynsie and I had a very fast 4 hour ride over to her apartment where we brought our stuff upstairs and immediately headed for the Goodwill. Now I said this thing was giant and I meant it but sadly, they had the smallest book section I have ever seen! Do you know how disappointed I was :( It ruined the rest of my Goodwill experience and I left with only one book that cost me a dollar. Sad. Caitlin found a few skirts and a shirt and Lynsie found a pair of pants.
We then headed to the mall to poke around. A little money spent here and there, none spent by me sadly again. I think we were just buying time until it was a suitable hour to start drinking :)
Finally, we kind of started getting ready to go out and have some good, old drunk fun. While we were getting ready, we started with a few "cocktails" so that it wouldn't be an expensive evening. Needless to say, since we had barely eaten anything, it didn't take much but that is the fun of it right? We needed a weekend to relax and just have fun and we did! Lynsie, myself, Caitlin and Caitlin's friend Amber all had a very good time together. We bounced from one bar to the next, we ran into Caitlins "man friend" and hung out with him for a bit. His name is Beau and he is very nice... a bit bushy (he has a very large beard) but very nice. Eventually we got back home late, late, late and I fell asleep rather quickly. Everyone else stayed up and found somebody to get McDonalds for them. Like I said, I was sleeping through all of this.
On Sunday we kind of lounged around due to the evening before. On Sunday night we had tickets to go see Death Cab for Cutie who were playing at Caitlins school for only $5! Death Cab for Cutie for Caitlin is like Coldplay for me. She is a diehard! We searched around for the tour bus and found it right at her school even though it was pretty early! Went home, lounged, got ready and headed out to stand in line very early so that we could have a good place to stand close to the stage. It was VERY cold and VERY wet but I did it because I love my sister... sometimes. She did have a couple cases where she sounded just like my uncle Todd. To those of you who don't know what this means, she was being very gruff and snappy/grouchy. I guess I don't know how to explain it but it's pretty funny. You can tell she is a Jewell.
The concert was very cool even though we had ridiculous people standing in front of us. Eventually we got in a good enough position to see the stage and we enjoyed the show! They played a lot of their new songs which I hadn't heard yet.
Monday morning Caitlin had school so Lynsie and I headed out around 1130. I was very sad to leave my sister all the way across the state even though she has lived there for 3 years now! What a weird feeling!
Here are some pics from the weekend...

p.s. I dyed my hair dark

























1 comment:

Lynsie said...

Those are some good pictures... good memories!