Thursday, December 30, 2010

Poor Grandma

On Monday my poor poor Grandma (my car, not my actual Grandma) took a pooper. I was up by the post office at the intersection and she made some sort of noise and started super chugging. I had JW come meet me to drive behind me home in case something exploded and I put a little more gas in the car in case there was some water in there but she was still chugging so bad and the engine starting clicking like a stick on bicycle spokes. Obviously not trusting the old gal to get me home, I left her in the Walmart parking lot and JW drove me home. I've been driving Max's loud, smelly, dirty, COLD (no working thermostat) to work. I really am not complaining about it, I am so very thankful we have the car because what the devil would we do without it!?
Anyway, after some tricky business with Triple A, Max's mom towed it out to our mechanic's house today where we await the verdict to see if Grandma is done for or if (please please please) it's something small to fix. There is never a good time to buy a new car but if that is the case, then Grandma has done her share of carting me around. The old gal has 275,000 miles currently so if she wants to be done, she can be done. I hope she misses me though and wants to continue on our adventures to work!

No comments: