Sunday, August 8, 2010

28 weeks and 29 weeks


I have had a very busy couple of weeks… photos up the ying yang to edit and the house to take care of and the nursery to get set up. Man oh man, will it be nice when things calm down.

Highlights over the last couple weeks:

-The third trimester is upon us! That labor business is slowly but surely creeping up on me. Yikes.

-Birthing class started. It’s hilarious to watch my very conservative husband listen to/look at things like dilation charts, vaginal secretion discussions, videos of live births and all sorts of fun things like that. My favorite part though is when we have relaxation time and Max has to massage me J He can practice that all he wants.

-Nursery is much further along than it was. We have an area rug in there now, the crib is set up, my books were taken out of a bookshelf and the empty bookshelf is in the room now, my “new” changing table is in there and the rocking chair that Gma Jenny and Gpa Ray gave us a couple years ago. I just need to make some new cushions for the rocking chair and some other home projects that need to get done as well.

-Hmm, maybe not what you really need to know but last week Max and I were making dinner and I had to sneeze and when I did I peed my pants a little bit. Wasn’t quite expecting that! Baby is pushing down a bit on my bladder. Only sneeze while sitting from now on.

-Baby is getting big enough now that I can feel every little thing s/he does. Kicking is an obvious, but when s/he rolls, adjusts, changes position and when s/he has the hiccups! I do believe this is the start of the baby running out of room.

-Took care of that glucose business. Wasn’t too bad. Tasted like flat, extra sugary Sunkist. So sugary it burned my throat a little bit. Better to just chug that and get it done with. Results were normal so I can continue with this ice cream obsession that I have!

-Swelling of the limbs is so much fun. Last Thursday my feet were so swollen that it cut off circulation to my feet. My feet were asleep ALL. DAY. LONG. That is not comfortable. Even after Max would rub my feet and push that water retention up my leg, as soon as he stopped it just would swell right back up. It was fine the next day though.

-I have started to break into the maternity pants. I HATE maternity pants so I have been wearing my regular pants with a belly band but my ass has gotten too big to comfortably wear my normal pants so I’m stuck with the dumb maternity pants. I miss my normal pants. I miss my normal clothes. I miss having options. Countdown is on though to slowly fitting back into them! Baby Arco will be here in approximately T-minus 11 weeks! Holy Moses!

No comments: