Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fifteen Books

Alright, I will try this... I classified "favorite books" as the ones that I always seem to go back to and read again. So, in no specific order:

1) Fortunes Rocks by Anita Shreve: my number one favorite book. I have read this book over and over and over again. I just love it. It's nothing deep but a great story.

2)Oh My Stars by Lorna Landvik

3)Blood by Joseph Glass: an incredibly gorey and detailed story of a serial killer... not sure why I like this so much but I have been reading it since I was in 8th grade or so.

4)Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin: my first classic book

5) Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts

6) Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

7)Number the Stars by Lois Lowry: a childrens book, stuck with me since I first read it

8) All the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, I still own all of them :)

9) Sea Glass by Anita Shreve

10) Berenstain Bear books: I have already bought a bunch of these at garage sales so that I will have them around when I have kids... they have come in handy when Max's nephew Noah stays over at our house.

11) The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

12) Night Sins by Tami Hoag (not a romance novel even though the title sounds iffy)

now we are getting to my trashy book nonsense... I can't help myself
13) Until You by Judith McNaught

14)Wanderlust by Danielle Steel

15) Where You Belong by Barbara Taylor Bradford

honorable mention for the romance category:
The Edge of Town by Dorothy Garlock

I found a few books while perusing Barnes and Noble with momma today... has anyone read them? are they any good?

The Zookeepers Wife by Diane Ackerman
Perfect Family by Pam Lewis
The View from Mount Joy by Lorna Landvik
The Girls by Lori Lansens
Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nikki* said...

I like all of Sarah Dessen's books. I know I've seen a couple of those others ones too, but haven't read them!