Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baby it's cold outside




I am sitting here at work, like usual, going about my day of helping the grateful customers of Hudson while researching wedding stuff on the Internet and I happened to look up and see the snowflakes. The good kind with the big ole' fluffy balls of pretty falling down and melting right away. These types of scenes bring about two thought in my head.

Number One: I love the way Wisconsin looks when covered by these pretty snowflakes. I always want to break out my camera and take photos of the pretty landscape and the trees dripping with the fluffy white. It seems all the really good snowfalls happen really late at night or really early in the morning so I can't get to my camera before it melts because as most of us now... I am NO morning person.

Number two: I dislike the cold. I dislike it so much I would happily pack up our house and move a couple states down to experience a less frigid winter but my other half has a problem with the warm seasons so here we stay. I don't like the bills in the winter when the propane guy comes and fills up our tank, I don't like how we keep the heat at 62 and I think that this is WARM. Poor Luca freezes his butt off in our house, I had to get him a little sweater to wear. I don't like how in the morning I have to go and start my car early so that the frost wears off the windshield because as I said before I am NOT a morning person and those couple precious minutes it takes to get outside and back really causes havoc on my morning.

It may seem like I am complaining but it just happens that my dislikes take over my likes of the cold and winter. I was thinking about this because this morning was the first time of the winter that I did have to go start my car early. It also reminded me that I need to get a long leash line to hook Luca up to in the mornings because it is too cold for me to go chasing after him anymore. Doggone dog takes forever to go the bathroom so I think I will just hook him up the clothesline and he can take his doggone time. :) Clydey is wonderful about running outside, getting down to business and running as fast as he can to the front door to be let in. In taking in my dogs personalities, they are completely opposite and Clyde acts like a small dog who needs to be cuddled and babied while Luca acts like a big dog who needs no one and can take anything on especially the cold. Too bad I couldn't be more like Luca!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay! Jessie is back to blogging!

I know, I would rather live somewhere warm too. California sounds very good right now. I guess that I'm just being a big baby because this is only the first day with snow on the ground but I don't like it!

I can't wait for the weekend!!!